The EnergyH Project is about making hydrogen the new energy carrier. It is a crowd-funding project to build a new community “The EnergyH people” to support research in clean energy and commercialize hydrogen based technologies.
Let’s build together a clean energy industry that Australia can be proud of!
Four ways to support us
- Donate link below*
- Take the “EnergyH Pop Balloons Challenge” – see rules below, and donate $10 or more (tax deductible)*
- Fund the technology and get some benefits from your investment (not tax deductible) – see below
- Or go to our Indiegogo campaign (http://igg.me/at/EnergyHproject/x)** for a range of exciting rewards including the chance to win a hydrogen powered bicycle: The Hy-Cycle! (This campaign is now closed)
*All donations over $2 are tax deductible.
**Donations on Indiegogo and investments are not tax deductibles.
Half a cup of water can generate approximately 106 Litres of hydrogen gas. Using our materials we can store that much hydrogen in just 0.005 Litres. That’s a 10,000 fold decrease in the storage space required!
We develop materials to store a lot of hydrogen in a safe way so hydrogen can be used as a clean fuel. We do not need the balloons anymore. So Let’s pop them!
Rules of the EnergyH “Pop Balloons Challenge”
- Donate at least $10
- Fill balloons with air, helium or water
- Find a funny, sciency or scary way to pop the balloons and film yourself
- Nominate three other people to take the challenge within 72 hours
- Post your video and flag it to your nominees
- If nominees do not take the challenge within 72 hours they make a donation of $100 or more to EnergyH
When doing the challenge, please post your video on Youtube and on EnergyH Facebook page (use the hastag #EnergyHpopballoonschallenge) and Twitter (use @energyhproject)
How to pop balloons in a funny, sciency and scary way?
“Together, we can build a new economy for Australia… one where we start making money from clean, practical, and cheap renewable energy.”
- We can produce hydrogen from water with renewable energy
- We can use hydrogen to generate electricity or as a fuel for vehicles, and the only emission is pure water
- We can use hydrogen to solve the problems of intermittent supply from renewable
- The challenge is to store hydrogen in a safe, compact and economical way
- Our team has developed world-first materials for safe and efficient hydrogen storage
- With support from our team, you could develop new businesses and export opportunities
- Help make Australia a leader in the clean energy solutions!
Want to get more involved? Fund $10,000 or more and get return on your investment, e.g. research and development tailored to your needs, help to design your hydrogen based products, licensing rights of the technology developed with your funding, hydrogen based prototypes to trial the technology, etc…(for this please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hydrogen Is The New Energy Carrier
Hydrogen is the most energetic fuel by weight. It is abundant, and when burnt the sole emission is pure water! Hydrogen can be generated by the electrolysis of water (splitting water into hydrogen and oxygen), and this process can be powered by renewable energy sources such as solar, wind or hydro. Our team has developed advanced materials that can store that hydrogen in a safe, compact, and efficient manner, and deliver it when and where it is needed.
More versatile and compact than a battery, hydrogen storage materials can store sufficient energy to replace the petrol in your car, to power your home or business, or to compensate for the variability in electricity generated from utility-scale solar and wind. There are no compressed gases, the materials are shock resistant, and they will not burn even when fully charged. This makes them an ideal energy carrier for domestic or business use, for transportation, or even for export to our trading partners.
Let’s Take Advantage of Hydrogen Now!
See the Hy-cycle as example of what we can already build from our research.
Investment in clean energy technology in Australia has become heavily politicised, which threatens the consistent funding required to develop world-leading research and innovation. Research needs steady investments for innovation to help building and keeping the prosperity for our nation. As the rest of the world powers ahead and pours billions of dollars into research and development, our current government is cutting funding to science and technology across the board.
We would like to go straight to the people and businesses that can see that renewable energy is the future, and work with them to build an industry that will create jobs and export opportunities for Australia. Australia should not be left behind!